How to get rid of bed bugs – and yes they are in Bakersfield and Ventura County!
Bed bugs are tiny, brown bugs the size of a seed that live on blood. These bugs do not fly, and are most active at night when they tend to bite. They have been a problem in Bakersfield, Ventura and across the USA. Thankfully, our company is a qualified bed bug pest control service in Bakersfield. Bed bugs do not transmit disease, but will leave itchy welts. As their name states, bed bugs like to hide in cloth items like bedding, sofas and carpets. It’s also common for bed bugs to be transmitted in luggage.
It may be difficult to see them since they are so small and generally only out at night, but here are a few pictures of what they look like:
If you’re concerned that you may have bed bugs in your home, there are several things you can do to start remedying the situation. However, it can be very difficult to kill and get rid of all bed bugs without professional service.
What to do about bedbugs:
- Use mattress covers that cover the entire mattress – top and bottom.
- Hot wash and dry all bedding.
- In addition, hot wash and dry any clothing that has touched the floor – including the laundry hamper.
- Hot wash any stuffed animals or other items.
- Vacuum your floors, pillows and upholstery regularly, and make sure to empty the vacuum canister outside.
- Steam clean your carpets, bedding and curtains. Steam will kill bed bugs, but only if you are very thorough.
- Eliminate or reduce clutter so bedbugs have fewer places to hide. This includes cleaning out anything under the bed.
- Patch and seal any cracks. Inspect your walls for holes and cracks and seal these to prevent any other bugs from entering your home.
- Call in professionals for the safest most effective approach! A combination approach of the above suggestions, in addition to calling in a bug and pest control company is highly suggested as the best recommendation for effectively killing and treating a bedbug problem. Hubble Pest Control is very experienced in treating and eliminating bed bugs. Just give us a call if you need help!
The best way to prevent and/or treat for bed bugs is to have a regular pest control service in place! We can ensure your home or office is free of bed bugs – Give us a call today for a quote on your pest control needs!